Monday, May 21, 2012

Sugar Free Sports Drink

Yes I know this doesn't have anything to do with sewing... But I haven't been sewing. I have been running, and training for several races. I have also stopped eating/drinking sugar, which means I can't turn to my grape Gatorade after a long run to replenish my electrolytes! And I need that to recover! So after doing some research I realized that one of my favorite summertime drink recipes that a friend gave me, with one small addition actually makes a great sports drink! So let me tell you how to make a sugar free sports drink!

16 oz water
1/2 inch slice of raw ginger root
1 packet of Truvia (stevia)
juice from 1 lime
1 pinch of sea salt (this was the extra ingredient)
Just place all the ingredients in a water bottle and give it a good shake!

The lime juice and ginger root provide the potassium and the sea salt gives you your sodium chloride... Your electrolytes!
I love this because it is less expensive than sports drinks, it's refreshingAnd yummy! You shouldn't taste the salt, if you do then you added too much! Let me know if you try it or if you have other ways to replenish after a good hard work out!

No comments: