Friday, August 6, 2010

Felty Bow Tutorial

Remember these? Well I thought I would show you how to make your own!
As far as bows go, this one is pretty easy! You will need:
glue gun
alligator clips (I get a box of 100 clips at Sally's Beauty supply)
1/4 inch ribbon
felt
scissors



Start by cutting a rectangle shaped piece of felt. The size you cut it will depend on how big or small you want your bow. Larger bows I did about 3 x 2.5 smaller bows I did 2 x 1. (these measurements are guesses!) And also cut a small strip, as shown below.

glue ribbon around the top prong of your clip, this is how I do mine.

Find the center of your rectangle, and pinch it like this....
Then I add a little dob of glue on the back to hold it in place.

Take your smaller strip of felt and glue it over the TOP and only the top of your bow.
It will look like this on the bottom... (I need to paint my nails. Boring!)

Using a small dab of glue, attach it to your clip like this,
Now put a small dot of glue on one side of the little strips that are sticking out, and wrap it around the clip, and then do the same thing to the other side. You may have to trim a little of the felt off each side after you glue each side down. Let it dry, and TA DA! You have your own felty bow clip!

And since Last Time I didn't have any pink bows, I thought it only appropriate that this tutorial would be done with a pink bow!

4 comments:

Marci said...

Love the bow, now if only I had a cute little girl to put them on. I don't think Wells would ever forgive me if I put one in his hair and he found out.

So my blog address is marcifhooton.blogspot.com. Like I said I don't keep up on it very much but I think it's a fun way to keep in touch.

Marci said...

Hi it's me again. Remember that blog I was telling you about the other day? Well here is the link to it. She has some pretty cool things on there right now about how to make you blog more commercial. Have fun!

Marci said...

Hi it's me AGAIN!!! I am such a ditz. Here is the link. http://www.thestoriesofa2z.com/

Lyann said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What great birthday gifts.....for girls of coarse;)