Monday, February 16, 2009

Carseat Blanket

So I thought of this after having my first daughter in the winter
time... always throwing a blanket over her infant seat to keep out the cold air. It was hard to reach the handle and would blow off sometimes. I decided to make a blanket and attach two ribbons in the center of the blanket so I could just attach it to the car seat, it keep the sun off Eliza and has kept the cold off her too!

Here is how I did it... I just measured the length and width of her car seat, (which differ from brand to brand so I can't give you exact dimensions) and pulled out some fabric from my stash to make it.

You use two pieces of fabric that match the measurements you took of your car seat (example 22 inches by 33 inches), I like to use two different prints.

Then sew them right sides together leaving a space to turn it right side out, about 3 or 4 inches.

Turn it right side out and top stitch the edges.
Fold the blanket in half 'hamburger' style to find the center, mark it with a pin. You will need to figure out where to sew the ribbons by measuring the handle on your car seat. Once you attach the ribbons your done! Not too difficult right?!

No comments: